July, 2011 - Iron landing Update
- Based on the comments received from the first open house completed on November 9, 2010, the initial Concept Plan draft was amended to resolve most of the issues brought forward by the public
- Following the Concept Plan amendments, the Team commenced with the technical information required for the ASP submission;
- An unofficial review of the Iron Landing ASP was completed by the Town of Crossfield in late February 2011
- The La Terra Team officially submitted the Iron Landing Area Structure Plan to the Town of Crossfield on March 4, 2011
- Circulation of the entire ASP commenced on March 6, 2011 with a deadline for comments on April 15, 2011
- La Terra officially received comments from the Town of Crossfield and all agencies’ between April 18 – 20, 2011
- Over the following 2 weeks, La Terra strengthened the technical information in regards to the comments received, but no additional amendments were warranted
- The La Terra Team hosted their second mandatory Open House on May 4, 2011
- No new issues came about at the second Open House
- The Iron Landing ASP received first reading of Council on June 7, 2011
- The Iron Landing ASP was approved upon receiving its second and third readings of Council on June 21, 2011
- Iron Landing Phase 1 Land Use received its first reading of Council on June 21, 2011 and its second and third readings on July 5, 2011and
- The developer and owner of this Phase 1 area, or roughly 19 acres adjacent to our owners site, is expected to break ground this fall with some pre development work.
Following final approvals and the completion of all Land Titles Reporting to owners, the Iron Landing lands will be marketed to potential developers in the Calgary and surrounding metropolitan areas.
Return to News Article & Press Releases